Project
Persado is a tech company which evaluates the effects of language and machine-generates marketing copy. During my three month internship, I researched and designed solutions to UI/UX problems within Persado's internal and external dashboards.
More details upon inquiry.
Length of project
3 months
CHART METRICS
For this project, we were designing an experiment variants page where the user, a marketer, would go to look into the performance findings of a language comparison experiment. I needed to create a system to present a large amount of metrics about several sentence variants within one comparison experiment. 
I created and tested a number of toggle/filter systems. In order to not confuse the user, we landed on a solution that consolidates choosing the metrics in one dropdown rather at the top of every column. We also added an option to create sticky columns for easy access, similar to Excel or Google Sheets.
Chart Metric Filters  ↓

Left: The first version allowed the user to select metrics at the top of each column. We decided this didn't give enough insight to metric options and hides the ability to add an unlimited amount of columns.
Middle: Here we consolidated into one dropdown, still separated by column.
Right: The final version removed choosing by column to just asking the question: "What metrics do you want to see in this chart?" From there, users could interact with the table, add sticky columns, and rearrange as they pleased.
CLIENT DETAILS SCREEN
This screen is an internal facing page that summarizes out interaction with a client and the findings of the client's experiments.
This page needed to show:
1. client contract details
2. overarching experiment goals
3. experiment metrics
Client Details Experiments  ↓

We played with different ways to separate the information. Over time, we learned to consolidate modals in order to not confuse the user and create hierarchy through modal and text size.
1. Client contract details
2. Overarching marketing goals
3. Experiment metrics
Client Details Final  ↓

The final version combined the contract information with overarching experiment goals in one modal, letting all the metrics and data about those experiments live separately. We also have a version where each chart/tab is a block rather than a toggle for easier side-by-side comparison.
1. Client contract details
2. Overarching marketing goals
3. Experiment metrics
experiments report
I was asked to create a page that summarized information from one "experiment" run on several variations of a line of text. This "experiment" is meant to test and find the best phrasing for a specific demographic.
This page included:
1. a "heat map" for the best predicted phrase
2. data on the performance of all of its variants
3. an experiment outline to give an overarching view of the experiment
Heat Map Experiments  ↓

I spent a lot of time experimenting with the language heat map. I knew this block of information needed to show the phrase, explain the function of each section, and show which of those functions brought the most responses from the user.
Because this section was just one part of the entire summary page, I wanted to show enough information but not overwhelm the user. I experimented with a variety of layouts, drop downs, and hover states.
Final Heat Map  ↓

I landed on a collapsible design which, at the highest level, shows the level of contribution to boosting customer's responses. Upon expansion of the table, the user can read in-depth explanations of these contributions.
If I were to revisit this design, I would consider flipping the direction of the most-to-least contribution scale. I'd also test whether the colors are helpful or confusing to the user.
Final Experiment Report Design  ↓

See other projects:

Back to Top